Wednesday 9 January 2013

Top 5 Lipsticks Of 2012

Originally I was going to create a post complete with all of my favorite products from 2012, however that would be a monstrosity of a post. So instead maybe twice a week I'd post 5 of my favorite products from each category...

From the name of this post you can probably already guess that today I'm posting my top 5 lipsticks of 2012! This consists brands such as; Rimmel, Elizabeth Arden, Pro's, L'Oreal and Topshop. Continue to read to hear my thoughts of each of the lipsticks. So lets go...


1) Rimmel London- Lasting finish by Kate Moss lipstick in Rossetto (101)


   
I adore this colour, it's my go to lipstick. I wear this lipstick everyday as it's a matte, nude, natural shade which is easy to wear and can easily transition from day to night with ease. This is an affordable drugstore lipstick which I believe to be £5.49/$8.79/ € 6.74.


2) Elizabeth Arden- Eight Hour Cream Lip Protectant Stick Sheer Tint SPF 15 in Melon




Again this colour is very wearable and easy to wear from day to day, this sheer, slightly pigmented, glossy lipstick which I brought and started to wear in the very early summer of 2012. I always have this product in my bag as it doubles as a lip balm so is easy to apply when on the go. This product will set you back £12.18/$19.50 €14.95.


3) Pro's- 6 Hour Non Stop Colour in Red


I haven't the faintest idea of where or how I acquired this product but for me its the best "red" lipstick I have used in a while. Admittedly I haven't tried that many classic red lipsticks during 2012 but the ones I did couldn't match up to the pigment and the durability of tis product. Unfortunately I haven't the faintest idea of what this product would set you back.


4) L'oreal Paris- Color Riche, Intense Brunettes in Pink Passion (371)


This vibrant, hot, bright colour is one that I don't use to often but when I do pluck up the courage to wear this product I don't feel the need to reapply for a good 4/5 hours as the pigment is fantastic. When wearing this product I also feel there is no need to use a lip liner or a gloss partly because of the amazing pigment but also because the colour is so glossy and gives a healthy, youthful shine to the lips without looking too overdone. I think I paid £6.19/$9.91/ €7.60.


5) Topshop- Beguiled

Toward the end of 2012 I felt like the Wine/Plum coloured lips where an essential for a night out or mellowed down for a daytime wear. Unlike my bright L'Oreal lipstick I do not need to be feeling adventurous to reach for this lipstick as I feel that although it's a dark, bold, statement lip colour if used in the right way can look flawless and natural with a slight edge, showing your darker side. Additionally the longevity is fantastic which is helped by the magnificent pigment of the product.  The price is extremely reasonable at £8.00/$12.81/ €9.82.


So there you have it my "Top 5 lipsticks of 2012", Hope you all had a fantastic New Year and we both wish you all the best for 2013.


Meg & Lul

xoxo

Deux Soeurs


No comments:

Post a Comment